Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 8: Only 15 km to go!

Today was both grueling and gorgeous. The weather was spectacular, the trails scenic, and the picnic lunch gourmet all combined with a never-ending 22 km walk. Tonight we are staying at the magnificent Casa de Grande, a converted Pilgrim's hostel that has been in the same family for 200 years.

I honestly didn't think I would make it today but the spirit of St. James seems to be pulling me along. I almost cried when I made it to the meeting point at the end of the day and the other Pilgrim's in my group, who had already been there for a while waiting, cheered and clapped that I had made it. I look at the map each night and wonder how it is possible I am able to make it each day, but somehow I keep getting through it, praise God.

Tomorrow we enter Santiago. Only 15 km to go and 145 km behind us. They are calling for more rain but we are hoping it will hold out until we get to the cathedral around 3 or 4. Wish us our last buen Camino for tomorrow! Ciao amigos.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment